S.S. No. 1 Huntley - Mulligan’s School
2193 Richardson Side Rd., Carp.
Thomas Mulligan donated land in 1820 for the site of “Mulligan’s School”. Initially there were log structures before a stone building was erected in 1883. An organ was installed in 1929. The building ceased operation as a school in 1957 and became a residence for several families. In 1989, it was converted into the popular “Cheshire Cat” old English pub, and is also a designated heritage site.
After a devastating fire, The Cheshire Cat is now back in business at Christmas 2013.
This original painting is done in Acrylic and is on a gallery canvas.
The size is 15 in. x 30 in.