Thompson-Perkins Mill (Mill St Brewery)
John Perkins' grist mill and Philip Thompson's saw mill were erected on this channel in 1842-50. In 1864 the buildings formed the nucleus of the Booth empire. By the 1940s the mills were being used by the Imperial Oil Company, which had its oil tanks nearby. Like the carbide mill they were identified for future conservation and re-use as historic attractions.
Ottawans of a certain vintage will remember the Mill Restaurant, and the novelty of celebratory dinners in a heritage building. The NCC was lucky enough to secure a new tenant with a suitable name - The Mill St Brewery.
This original painting is done in Acrylic and is on a gallery canvas.
The size is 15 in. x 30 in.